This section of the website contains Important articles, lectures, book and other resourceful information to prepare you for Ramadan so you are able to take maximum benefit from this Mubarak month. In sha’Allaah!
Days pass so quickly, as if they were mere moments. We welcomed Ramadaan, then we bade it farewell, and only a short period of time passed and we are welcoming Ramadaan again. So we should hasten to do good deeds in this month and strive to fill it with that which Allaah is pleased with and with that which will help us on the Day when we meet Him.
“O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious).” [Soorah al-Baqarah (2):183]
May Allah grant us the tawfeeq to act upon that which is posted here, ameen.
- Our Salaf’s concern on the day of Eid ul-Fitr
- Once Ramadan is over, I will disobey Allaah
- Give the best farewell to the month of Ramadan
- Jumu’ah-tul-Wida’a (Farewell/Last Friday of Ramadan)
- The month of Ramadhan is leaving us – Advice by Shaykh Uthaymeen
- Striving is a must in the Last 10 days of Ramadan – Shaykh al-Fawzan
- Ramadan is the month of Patience and Fasting is the greatest form of patience
- Claim this month of Ramadan – Advice of Shaykh al-Fawzan
- Sins and disobedience detracts from the Rewards of Fasting
- Explanation of – Fasting is for Me and I shall reward for it
- Weak Hadeeth – Beginning of Ramadan is Mercy, its Middle is Forgiveness and its End is freedom from the Fire
- Don’t waste time by being heedless and refusing in Ramadan – Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzan
- Shaykh Abdullaah ibn Saalih al-Fawzaan on the Virtues of Fasting in Ramadan
- Shaykh Ibn Baz’s advice to the Muslims about Ramadan
- Our Salaf’s Love for Fasting in the Heat
- Spreading the Good News of Ramadaan
- Ramadan Reminder – The Days Are Numbered
- Ramadan 2011 – Somalia’s Drought is Our Test
- Are You Serving this Ramadaan?
- Tackling ‘The Lazy Syndrome’ in Ramadan
- Beginning of Ramadaan – Reminders for Muslims
- Sunnahs Neglected in Ramadaan
- Why we need Ramadaan !
- A Tear in Ramadaan
- How the Prophet Fasted In Ramadaan
30 Lessons For Those Who Fast
By Aa’id Abdullah al Qarni.
In relation to fasting, this book contains the most pertinent Qur’anic verses, authentic ahadeeth, delightful poetry and touching advice. It is therefore, a book for the righteous when they meet for pleasant conversations. It is also a gift for wayfarers when they break their journeys for rest, a treasure for those who share mutual love and respect
The Nature of Fasting
This is a translation one of the smaller publications from the works of Shaykh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah. It has been published in this form a variety of times with a number of minor additions to the text under the title, “Hagigatus-Siyam,” or, “The Nature of Fasting.”
Fasting in Ramadan
By Abdul Karim Awad.
With the advent of another Ramadan, a mixture of feelings overwhelm the hearts of Muslims all over the world. The hearts are full of hope, based on truthful promises and glad tidings given by Allah and his Messenger, of great bounties and endless bliss. The past sins would be forgiven for those who fast, based on belief (Emaan) and truly expecting the reward of Allah (Ihtisaab).
Matters Related to Fasting
By Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid.
As the status of fasting is so high, it is essential to learn the Ahkam (rulings) that have to do with the month of fasting, so that the Muslim will know what is obligatory, in order to do it, what is haram, in order to avoid it, and what is permissible, so that he does not need to subject himself to hardship by depriving himself of it.
Fiqh of Fasting
By Bilal Philips.
The prescribed book for the course is Subulus-Salaam by the 17th century Yemenite scholar Muhammad ibn Ismaa‘eel as-San‘aanee which is a commentary on Buloogh al-Maraam written by Haafiz Ibn Hajar al- ‘Asqalaanee. In Buloogh the author gathered the majority of the hadeeths which are commonly used as the basic evidences for the Islaamic legal system.
Essentials of Ramadhan
By Tajuddin B. Shuaib.
Extract from book: ‘this is an in-depth resume of the essential rules and laws on the fiqh of fasting designed to proivide the reader with explanations for both spiritual and physical significance and uniqueness of this remarkable act of worship.’