In Islam, seeking knowledge is one of the best of deeds; indeed it is a kind of jihaad for the sake of Allaah, especially in these modern times when bid’ahs have begun to appear in Muslim societies and are becoming widespread, and ignorance is common among those who issue fatwas without knowledge, and people have started to argue a great deal.
And Sufyaan ibn Uyainah al-Hilaalee said, “Whoever seeks knowledge then he has pledged allegiance to Allaah.” [Refer to `Madaarijas-Salikeen,’ vol.2, p.470]
“Indeed some of them, may Allaah have mercy upon them, have clearly stated, amongst them Maalik, ash-Shaafi’ee and Imaam Ahmad, and it is stated word for word by Aboo Haneefah – that, ‘… the most excellent of actions, after the obligatory duties, is seeking knowledge.”
This saying is witnessed to by the saying of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu alayhi wa sallam), “The excellence of knowledge is greater than optional actions and the best of your religion is piety.” [Sahih at-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb, no.65].
This section of the website, contains beneficial articles, books in PDF formats and many other resources, for students and teachers on the path of seeking knowledge, which will arm him with the essentials of acquiring knowledge along with fine character and correct manners, Insha’Allaah.
- The Flesh of the Scholar is Poisonous
- It is not permissible to take knowledge from
- It is sufficient to adhere to what the Salaf as-Saalih adhered to
- Did any of the Sahabah or Scholars speak about it
- Zakah of Knowledge
- People are of 3 types – Advice of ‘Alee (radhiAllaahu ‘anhu)
- Why did you not learn? Why did you not ask?
- Some Traits of Knowledge Seekers
- Make this a habit, O Student of Knowledge
- The Necessities of seeking Beneficial Knowledge
- Knowledge directly from the spring of divine Messengership
- The sanctuary of the seeker of knowledge
- With me is a treasure that is very seldom found
- Giving a Fatwa in the religion has become Everybody’s Right
- Seeking Knowledge is the best of deeds after the Obligatory Duties
- The Signs of Beneficial Knowledge
- Knowledge is a Parent and Action is its Offspring
- Hadeeth which made Mu’awiyah (radhiAllaahu ‘anhu) to weep
- Categories of Acting Upon Knowledge – Shaykh Saalih ‘Aal ash-Shaykh
- Knowing Arabic Language is an Obligation
- The time they gave for seeking Knowledge
- Sit at the feet of your shaykh, and watch his lips!
- Reasons for the invasion of doubts in Muslim youths
- Every path taken in search of knowledge is a way to Jannah
- True knowledge is not ornamented words
- He is not a Scholar or a Student of Knowledge
- Consistency is a Must
- The Two Essentials
- The Student of Knowledge and the Books
- The Proper Manner Of Learning The Arabic Language
- Ignorant Da’wah – Destroying the Ummah
- Benefiting From Knowledge
- Can a student of knowledge take a new opinion?
- Duties of Knowledge Seekers
- Dawah and Knowledge
- ‘For Allah’s Sake Alone’ – Is it really?
- Faith has a Language
- Three Required Characteristics for Seeking Knowledge
- Excellence Of Knowledge of the Salafs over the Khalafs
- Knowledge Mandates Action (Iqtidaa-ul-‘Ilm al-‘Amal)
- The Manners of the Knowledge Seekers
- The Manners of the Scholar and Student of Knowledge from the hadeeth of Jibreel
- The Book Of Knowledge by Imaam An-Nasaa’ee