Core foundations upon which the correct call to Islaam is made, in alignment with the authentic Sunnah and the way of the salaf.
Dawah is, without doubt, a distinctive trait of this ummah – a distinctive characteristic of the followers of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), and is a course of action, which needs a ‘Manhaj’, a way (i.e., manner, approach, method) – the Manhaj which Allaah assigned for His Messengers, the Sahabah and those who followed them in their Manhaj.
Allaah says in the Qur’an in Soorah Yusuf (12): 108 -
“Say (O Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam), ‘This is my Sabeel; I invite unto Allah with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me (must also invite others to Allah) with sure knowledge. Glorified and Exalted be Allah. And I am not of the Mushrikoon (polytheists).”
(So), Dawah is the Sabeel (way) – and it is the Nahaj (way), which is necessary for us.
- Dawah is a great (form of) worship.
- (It is a worship,) through which one draws closer to Allah.
- It is a worship, the benefits of which are passed on, and not limited to the one who makes Dawah. Its benefits extend through the Da’ee to the people in his country, to the people outside his country, and even to those who will be influenced by his Dawah until the Hour is established.
His eminence, Shaykh ‘Abdullaah Ibn Abdul Azeez Ibn Baaz says: Allaah says: “And We made from amongst them leaders by Our Command when they had patience and firmly believed in Our Signs.” [Sooratus Sajdah: 24]
The Companions of the Messenger of Allaah and whoever proceeded upon their path, trusted in this. They became leaders, guides, and callers to the truth, and they became examples to follow because of the reason that they had patience and firm belief. For verily leadership in the Religion can only be achieved through patience and firm belief. So the Companions of the Messenger of Allaah (Sallallaahu ‘Alayhi Wa Sallam) and those who follow them in goodness up until our day, these are the leaders, and the guides, and the examples to be followed in the path to the truth. And from that it becomes clear upon every student of knowledge, that calling to Allaah is from the most important duties in every time and place. [Ad-Da’awah ilallaah wa Akhlaaqud Du’aat (p. 12-13)]
- Who are to be addressed ‘in the manner which is best’?
- Intellectual Evidence of the Existence of Allaah – Imam Abu Hanifa (Rahimahullaah)
- Consistency is a Must
- The Two Essentials
- The Student of Knowledge and the Books
- Ignorant Da’wah – Destroying the Ummah
- Benefiting From Knowledge
- Warning People Against a Person’s Mistake – Is it Backbiting?
- Can a student of knowledge take a new opinion?
- Duties of Knowledge Seekers
- Dawah and Knowledge
- ‘For Allah’s Sake Alone’ – Is it really?
- Principles of Salafi Manhaj in Dawah
- Women in the Qur’an and Bible
- Super-Muslim: In or Out of Home?
- Obligation of a Muslim Towards a Disbeliever
- The Least That Can Be Done …